WMC Management Skills Training Program – What you’ll Learn
This page lists the workplace skills that you will gain by successfully participating in this course module.
Supply Chain Management
This course module will demystify the topic of supply chain management and relate it to other operational decision areas such as production and business finance. Supply chain management is poorly understood but a source of significant potential cost reductions and operational efficiency gains for those in the know. Examples from the wood products industry will be used to illustrate the concepts covered.
- Describe the various transportation options, benefits and drawbacks of different modes of transportation, and basic logistics management methods.
- Explain the importance of information collection, forecasting, mapping a supply chain, selecting supply chain partners for the short and long term, operational decision (day to day) and inventory control.
- Explain the need for multiple sources of supply
- Customize specifications for your own needs based on available supply
- Summarize the importance of Just-In-Time delivery e.g. reserving supply, negotiating for time and inventory control (e.g. increasing delivery)