In addition to its program of scheduled workshop and conferences, CAWP is uniquely positioned to respond to the needs of industry via in-plant training. With companies becoming increasingly familiar with our services and capabilities, we are receiving more and more requests for company-specific training programs.
CAWP has assisted companies throughout Canada with in-house training programs. To do this we draw upon expertise internally and within the University of British Columbia’s Wood Science Department, one of the largest wood science institutions in the world. In addition, CAWP maintains strong relationships with other specialists through an extensive international network of associates that spans three continents and represents the best in the world in wood products manufacturing knowledge.
In some cases, designing an in-house training course simply involves modifying existing workshop programs to fit the specific needs of the client company, while at other times a complete customized solution has been designed from the ground up.
- course content is customized to your company’s training needs, equipment and unique operating situation
- convenient onsite delivery
- eliminates time and cost requirements associated with travelling to attend scheduled workshops
- facilitates confidentiality
- allows lower per-person training costs.
CAWP has a number of standard courses and extensive amounts of teaching content that can be easily adapted to the hosting company’s specific situation. We are able to assist with advanced instruction in many areas:
- Industrial wood finishing
- Lumber drying
- Machining – general operations & specialised operations
- CNC (computer numerical control) manufacturing
- Marketing and business strategy for wood products manufacturers
- New product design
- Operations management, industrial engineering, factory and facilities planning
- Quality control
- Technology evaluation, selection and maintenance
- Tooling issues
- Wood anatomy, properties and species identification
Training Program Design Services
To maximize the return on your training investment, CAWP can also work with you to develop a comprehensive long-term training plan for your organisation. By doing so, we put you in touch with all of the required training resources, monitor the development of your employees and take a considerable burden of effort off your management team’s shoulders.
Whether large or small, your organization can benefit from this service. The following steps are involved:
- Audit of training needs – carried out through shop-floor observation, interviews with employees and management
- Program design – identifying types of training required and for which employees, timing and frequency, delivery methods, evaluation mechanisms
- Implementation – training carried out by CAWP, associates and external contractors as required
- Regular monitoring and review of employee skills development, review and modification of training plan based upon results
- Regular reports to management team on training results and training ROI.
To learn more about working with CAWP on custom programs please contact Jason Chiu, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free (within North America).